Tuesday 7 October 2014

Winter is coming..

.. And so does winter conventions! o(*゚▽゚*)o

I was planning to go only Desucon Frostbite, but last week I tough I should go to Yukicon as well. :3
So there is two conventions in winter and to cosplays coming up !

I had birthday at the other day (6th) so I went I bought my self a sewing machine !
She is so gorgeous and goooood and I really, really like it ^^


Isn't she the cutest sewing machine ever? ;w;  ..no? ok.

So I was super pumped and I wanted to start to make cosplays right away!
And I did.

I started it at the last Friday and now it's almost done.! Omg, I am actually finishing a costume in less than a week? :O The costume itself is not too complicated, but still I'm quite proud of myself~

And what is this cosplay I am talking about, you might ask?

Last week I found a group that was looking for Love Live! cosplay group for Yukicon at the finnish cosplay site in Facebook. I really liked Snow Halation designs and I decided to join. So I watched the anime and I choose to cosplay Umi.
And I thought this might be the change for me to go to con on my own! ..But my sister tagged along, so maybe next time ;>

So this is the cosplay I'm talking about
I started with the pants, but since I didn't took so good pictures of them, I decided not to put pictures here :'> But they are almost done !

Then I did patterns (with my own style) for the shirt and sewed it together.

I also made normal sleeves for the first time ! It wasn't that hard to make them, and nowdays there are very good tutorials online.


After all that I sewed light pink ribbons and some fur to the edges.


Few details are still missing, but I found super cute buttons for the costume :


I also made a hat and arm warmers, both of them were quite easy to make. And I found great tutorial for the hat ^^



There is still some fixing for the shoulder part, but it's almost done too:

I also got the ribbon fabrics ready, so there is so little left to do.. ^^

***
So yeah, it's almost done. Few details are missing, but still. ^^
I quite happy with the result.

At the weekend I'll probably gonna go to buy more fabrics. And if I'll finish this costume this week, I'm going to start the second one for the Desucon Frostbite. :3

I'll tell you next time what that cosplay is.. ;>


~Meital

No comments:

Post a Comment