Sunday 10 August 2014

NEW PROJECT: Ayane, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

So let's start from the beginning:

Ayane has always been my dream cosplay, but I've never actually had the courage to cosplay her. I always thought that I wasn't good enough. And I think everyone have that for the character they love and don't want to do cosplay about the character if you're not "bringing her the glory she deserves".

And I was planning to cosplay again Elin from Tera: Rising with my sister. But one day I saw in Finnish Cosplay FB-page that there were few people looking group for Dead or Alive. That instantly caught my eye and told my sister. We decided that we really should cosplay as Ayane and Kasumi. I'm not still actually sure if there are going to be proper DoA group for Tracon 2014, but it doesn't matter anymore. I started my costume and I am very happy about it ^^

This will be long post to the point where I am now. So all the updates won't be this long ^^'


Even thought I am super nervous about this costume, but I am still very happy that I decided to make this.


First I got the wig. I actually was hoping that I would get a little bit darker, but i'm quite happy with this one. I think it still need a little bit more styling and such, but I think it fits well for this cosplay.

But let's start with the weapons, shall we ?



At first I drew butterfly wing to the paper for my swords and then I transfer my pattern to Craft foam. I needed to draw for wings, because it's two wing/sword.


Then I did the same thing for my sword:





And yay, they're ready !



I just simply glued the butterfly wings together and done !
I simply drew patterns fro my kunais also. And here is the result after Worbla:





And I also used Worbla for my swords. ^^

After that I made holders for my Kunais. They are still missing details..



..But at least they won't fall off in the middle of convention ^^

And I finished my scabbard for my Fuma Kodachi's. I am quite happy with them.


I'm also almost done with my bodysuit and armors, but I think I'll leave it to the next post ^^

See you soon~
-Meital

1 comment:

  1. Yay, a new blog! Comment bombing time! :3

    Wow! Looking nice, especially liking the scabbards! Can't wait to see rest of the parts.
    Also I'm happy to hear this "more srs" attitude, being the silly person who I am, picking way too ambitious projects myself 8D

    ReplyDelete